Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Home Work

After much delay, I have [for the most part] finished the office! If you recall from my first post, the space was entirely pea green. Though I liked the color, it was entirely too much. BUT, after painting two other rooms, I knew I didn't want to start all over with a new color. So I decided on STRIPES.

















Lurve how they turned out. The stripes were created with painters' tape and an eye for a straight line. (That's right - no levels used here!) I'll admit the room's a bit bright...but it's meant to be vibrant and awakening. As my good friend says, "You can tell a Cuban lives here!"

My wonderful hubby managed to round up some perfect white shelves for me - FOR FREE - and intall them. On top of which I've placed pictures purchased from http://www.etsy.com/ and some vases I found at thrift stores and garage sales.




The couch is a double seater and has a footstool for extreme comfort during long study sessions. I repainted a file cabinet we purchased a few years ago the same color as the teal stripes on the wall. Of course all accessories match the color motif; apparently, I'm the "matchy-matchy" type. Right down to the bright green computer chair!



No comments:

Post a Comment