Saturday, October 10, 2009

Step On Up


As I've mentioned previously, I did not need to do very much to the first level of our new home. The painting, remodeling, and even the furniture came with the house. Mr. Bartender wanted turn-key and he got it!


Moving past the living area, underneath the stairwell, the previous owners hired a carpenter to install some beautiful built-in bookshelves to take advantage of the dead-space. Though I am a huge lover-of-books, alas the bookshelf has other purposes as well, namely photo display and liquor cabinet. The carpenter was smart to include some enclosed cabinetry as well.

Adjacent to the bookshelves we have a breakfast bar. Can you see the countertop? I'm not sure what the material is, but it's a gorgeous metallic finish of red, yellow, orange, and gold. The countertop on the dining table is identical. The bar stools and wall paint match perfectly.


Walking past the breakfast bar and the kitchen, we come to the most unique aspect of our house - the booth. Yes friends, our dining room table is surrounded by a high-backed booth. It's unconventional, but we have grown to love it. You know that sense of comfort, when you've got the best table at your favorite restaurant in town and you can sit back and relax after a delicious meal? It's the same feeling here...every time we eat. I've added overstuffed pillows for relaxation and in an attempt to tone down the industrial feel. Without a question, guests always feel the most comfortable around our table!


The house was updated with all the modern conveniences. We have a dish washer (which I missed dearly the last few years), stainless steel everything, and granite countertops. All the small details were taken into consideration from the paint, to the colors in the granite, to the slate flooring. Happily, I was able to bring with me my flamenco watercolor portrait that I've had for years, which matches the decor perfectly.
















No comments:

Post a Comment