Friday, November 19, 2010

To Rug Or Not To Rug?

As I noted in a previous post, the Master Bedroom is my refuge. Retreating into my comfy bed to read a book, watch T.V, or waste away cold weekend mornings just cuddling, is one of my favorite ways to relax. (Unfortunately, I don't get to do it as often as I'd like.)

Anyways...

The space is still lacking a major desgin element: PATTERN. I've managed to bring a bit of it into the space through the bedding, but the walls and floor are desperately plain. I do have a plan to get some pattern on the wall very soon, but today I want to throw out some options for the floor.

I desperately want a rug. I know I don't need it (there's carpet on the floor currently), but that big empty space in front of the bed is just crying for a rich, gorgeous rug. My dilemma: the space is awkward and...there's carpet. If I had wood floors I'd have no problem selecting. But whatever rug I choose, I don't want it to clash too intensely with the carpet. (Note: we do have tentative plans to take out the carpet...but not in the near future.)

Here are some of my options, the first two are my favs, but I really love them all:





1 comment:

  1. Going with a pop of pattern would be a great final touch, agreed. I heart the second zebra print rug, so much fun! You can always start with this rug and post carpet overhaul, go with layered rugs over the wood. I've seen some fun things done with the layered approach. I actually found a great shot with this rug of choice (convenient): http://www.elledecor.com/image/tid/5380?page=4&pause=1

    ReplyDelete