Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blank Slate

When we moved into the house, this ginormous dry erase board was left hanging in the office by the previous owners. I contemplated throwing it away because I don't really use dry erase boards. And, did I mention it's GINORMOUS? Seriously, it's like 3x4. I felt that throwing it away would be very wasteful...but I didn't know what to do with so much white space.


Then I remembered a project my father and I worked on when I was litle. We created a cork board for posting memos. Ultimately I decided to have the best of both worlds - I would cover one half with cork and keep the other half clear for dry-erase stuff.
I went to Michaels and got some cork rolls and cork glue. Cut my fabric to the appropriate size. And put some heavy books on top while the glue dried the fabric to the cork and the cork to the dry erase board.












Voila! A dry erase/corkboard for my office!!




When I was done, I must say I felt a little bit like the dog in this photo : )

No comments:

Post a Comment