Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Navy Blue Kitchen Redo

When we purchased the house in the summer of 2009, the entire first floor was very well decorated. Everything from the paint colors, to the countertops, to the kitchen booth were coordinated on an almost professional level. While it was super convenient at the time, I'm always thinking ahead, and I know that some point down the line we'll have to update the look.

Decorating doesn't have a lot of rules, but here's one that I think is good to stick to: Re-design/update your interiors every five to seven years.

As the re-design is still a ways off, I won't get too involved with what my options are. Whatever I go with though, I am bound by at least one monstrosity in the kitchen...the huge navy blue booth.


UGH. I can find a new table and countertop. I can paint the boring cabinets any color I want. I can even overlook the granite with specs of red, yellow, and black. But working around this beast is not going to be easy.

Coming tomorrow...one of my favorite potential color schemes....

No comments:

Post a Comment