Wednesday, February 2, 2011

V-Day!

Last weekend, the last few days of January, I finally got to take down my Christmas decorations. In their place I splashed the house with some pink, red, and white Valentine decor. I love Valentine's Day, specifically the colors (yay pink), the hearts, and the mushiness of it. Brings out the softer side in people...usually.
For some reason I never spent any time gathering up Valentine's decor last year like I did for all the other holidays, so this year I had to get a bit creative.



Some simple flowers by the front door...









A few candles, marbles, and heart platter on the table....





And a little display of affection where the boys spend most of their time...right by the TV.






I got some great ideas for Valentine's Day quotes while I was browsing around on Etsy.com. Instead of paying $20 for the prints, I picked up some blank canvases and some paints at Michaels Craft Store and created my own.


This quote is from the famous children's book "Where the Wild Things Are". The monster says to the little boy, "Please don't go. I'll eat you up; I love you so."


And this lyric really needs no introduction at all. That little picture next to it is a Valentine's card I gave Mr. Bartender a few years ago.

I'm loving the Valentine Decor around the house. Unfortunately, there is one person in the house not looking forward to Valentine's Day this year...Bruno. On Monday, February 14th, we made an appointment for him to be neutered. Oh the irony.


No comments:

Post a Comment