Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Pretty pretty bookshelves

I think I've mentioned before the great deal I scored recently on Craigslist. Two bookshelf units for $25 total! Well, last month I was finally able to prime and paint these babies before the weather got too cold to even paint.













Of course, step numero uno was to prime. These shelves are made of cheap fiberboard (as opposed to real wood). I've learned the hard way that paint does not stick to them very well. I needed a coat of primer to provide a good base for the paint.



After priming, I painted the outsides a plain, glossy white. Since I wanted a bit of a "pop", I painted the inside of the shelves a light aqua color to blend well with my office color palatte. I must say, I had my doubts along the way, but I'm super happy how they turned out!


The left bookshelves will eventually hold my business materials, which is why it's a little bit more empty at the moment. The right side are all the books we used to have on the downstairs bookshelves, which have since become primarily liquor shelves.


Here's a shot from a different angle so you can get an idea of how the shelves blend with the rest of the office space...including my new memo board.


No comments:

Post a Comment